Let me start by saying that the word trendy does not mean that you lack imagination,creativity, or need to use your credit card . It just means some things are so great that everyone should give them a try. As easy as it is to be a part of the "black & white" fashion movement that is going on right now (especially for us New Yorkers), it is simple to incorporate many new and exciting design ideas into your home. Here is a list of my "Top Ten 2013 Home Decorating Trends."
1. Floral: Bringing the outside in creates a soothing and serene environment in your home. From furniture to wallpaper, floral is back in a big way and I like it!
Framed Wallpaper Wall Using Anthropologie Blazing Poppies Wallpaper
2. Ikat: This is a dyeing technique used to pattern textiles. These patterns are skilled and functional in almost any space in your home. Ikat just works!
Kitchen Nook Of Lindsey Coral Harper
3. Macrame: Macrame is textile making using knotting and has been around for a long time. I love the wall hangings and planters, because they add an earthy element.
Sally England's Amazing Work
4. Neon: Just a pop of neon makes a room so much hipper. It is perfect way to add a little fun to a nursery or playroom.
Neon Yellow Star Decals
5. Mixing Styles: The days of home furnishing being "matchy matchy" is over. Mixing rustic and modern elements to a space gives it character.
Farmhouse Table & Modern Chairs by the late Metropolitan Home
6. Polka Dots: Polka dots add a feminine twist to any room. I prefer a metallic polka dot in the form of a decal or pillow to add a touch of pizazz.
Polka Dot Pillows Are Fab!
7. Decorating With Animals: If you have been to my home you know I am a sucker for a ceramic bird or owl. I love the idea of bringing a representation of nature onto a bookcase or shelf. You just want to use a few here and there, because if this trend is overdone it will look like you live in a forest.
West Elm Animal Decor
8. Brass: Brass is a good choice if you are sick of using silver and still want a glittery contemporary finish.
This Brass Shelf Confirms That Brass Is Back
9. Lucite: The best part about lucite is that it is transparent and has the magical ability to open up any space. It is a great option for a small room or apartment.
Claiborne Swanson Frank's Apartment
10. Brights On Whites: I saved the best for last, because I love a plain white backdrop with bright and busy styling. My entire home is painted white and it works perfectly for my vibrant design style.
Helen and Chris Bayley's Dining Space
Which 2013 Home Decorating Trend Is Your Favorite?
Follow me on Facebook-->https://www.facebook.com/Shayjdesign